Settle in for a few long reads of interest this week.
- Excellent piece on how we teach writing to students. I found it thoughtful and reflective. Good for anyone who teaches writing or uses writing in their classroom – Is Writing to Text the Only “High-Quality” Curriculum?
- A local (Ojai) piece on the ongoing journey of fires, dams, history and floods – Matilija Hot Springs to be leveled
- A deep discussion on mental health and Buddhism from a master. From 1975!? – Make Your Mind an Ocean
- This one is definitely making the rounds and I encourage everyone to take the time a read this investigative piece from The NY Times – Twelve Million Phones, One Dataset, Zero Privacy
- Another great investigative piece on where fascism lives both in America and internationally – Transnational White Terror: Exposing Atomwaffen And The Iron March Networks
- A short piece for those teaching mindfulness – Why Mindfulness And Trauma-Informed Teaching Don’t Always Go Together