Stumbled upon the ALA Executive Board I meeting as I was looking for the LITA blog salon. Poked my head into the darkened room with board members hearing a presentation. A discussion and presentation of the new ALA site was already happening. The comment I heard was made that backend is Drupal and Jenny Levine is in charge – should “make the techies happy.”
Questions from board members:
- login issues – has this been resolved?
- Where is APA? Under related sites. Is that intuitive?
- Burying Council under governance because membership doesn’t have a clear understanding of what governance mean.
- What happened to the “Take Action” button on the current home page. Haven’t found a new location for it yet, but in discussion.
- • Any press release will appear on the home page, but it is possible for them to ranked.
Working on style guidelines for content managers. This is the next big phase. Site scheduled to go live at the end of August. There are more than 90,000 files to move around into the new site.
Next report is from the Development Office. Time to go look for Blog Salon.